HOW are WE DIFFERENT?
By area, Every Dog Matters EU (a WPX.net project) is the largest no-cage, open-yard dog sanctuary in Bulgaria (27,000 m2). Every Dog Matters EU, a registered nonprofit NGO (Reg. 205679614), was founded by and is directed by Australian Terry Kyle.
Apart from a couple of temporary yards for puppies and emergencies, our smallest yards are 250 m2, 400 m2 and 630 m2 (expandable to 1260 m2) and our largest yard is 2,000 m2 (including 400 m2 of indoor space).
During extreme winter cold weather, our dogs in outside yards are brought into their own ‘winter rooms’ (like motel rooms for dogs) inside our large buildings each night, then returned to their huge yards during the day.
Visitors to our site are usually amazed by the space the dogs have here and how happy and friendly they are. Here our dogs play with each other constantly every day whereas at most tiny-cage, prison-style shelters, the dogs are too depressed, too frustrated and too fearful to play at all.
We hope that shelter operators EVERYWHERE across the world strongly consider switching to the no-cage, open-yard model as the dogs are much happier, healthier, better socialised and more adoptable.
All that is needed is land – every country has unwanted land – and ambition.
EveryDogMatters.eu is trying to lead the future of rescue dog management with our first (of many) no-cage, open yard dog sanctuaries.
– huge open yards that are not overcrowded with dogs (see the videos & pictures on this site)
– very regular walks in the open farmland adjoining our site (many thanks to our generous volunteers too!)
– high quality food instead of the cheapest possible non-nutritional garbage usually given to shelter dogs (Royal Canin will soon be an official partner & provider of much of our food supply – very few, if any, other shelters feed their dogs Royal Canin)
– the best possible medical care including preventive care against heartworm etc + orthopedic operations where required
– constant socialisation with people (staff & our growing volunteer hero army), and,
– ongoing efforts to find their loving forever homes
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
To help us care for our many wonderful dogs here and help many more, please:
– Revolut Revtag: @everydogmatters
– PayPal: firstname.lastname@example.org
– SMS with text: DMS EVERY DOG to number 17 777 (for all Telenor, VIVACOM or A1 clients in Bulgaria)
– Bank account: IBAN: BG64UNCR70001523581895
– SWIFT/BIC: UNCRBGSF
– Account holder: Foundation Every Dog Matters
Our awesome dogs thank you in advance!
our current projects?
As an organisation, our primary goals are:
 demonstrating our successful model of no-cage, open-yard animal sanctuaries as the future of rescue animal management for any person or organisation to implement anywhere in the world (visits at any time are very welcome)
 rescuing/rehoming/medical care for vulnerable animals (dogs for now, abused donkeys and horses in the future)
 ongoing, large-scale castration programs (to reduce the dog/cat population – an unwanted animal can have a terrible life here)
 lobbying for changes to legislation (e.g. outlawing keeping dogs on a chain, very common here), then actual enforcement of those laws
 education (to castrate, to help animals in trouble, to consider making your office dog-friendly like WPX.net etc)
We also have been feeding hundreds of homeless dogs at an abandoned industrial site near the capital since 2016, co-sponsoring a private shelter in Veliki Preslav for the last 2 years, co-sponsoring a site for disabled dogs in Sofia and providing emergency food relief for shelters that get into trouble and cannot feed their animals.
You can see some of the daily life at our Kostinbrod (Sofia) sanctuary in the pictures below – we hope to see you in person here soon, details on our location here):