EVERY DOG MATTERS (EU) IS HIRING!
POSITION: Dog Rescue Hero
You have the opportunity to get paid for what you do as a volunteer, following the passion of your life – saving shelter/homeless animals – mainly dogs and some cats.
And we will pay you for it.
Apart from our own initiatives detailed here, the Every Dog Matters (EU) Foundation also works with Bulgarian and foreign non-governmental organizations that run shelters for stray animals within Bulgaria and abroad.
Every Dog Matters (EU) is sponsored primarily by WPX Hosting.
You can read about the core values and ambitions of Every Dog Matters (EU) here.
One of the main goals of Every Dog Matters (EU) is to massively increase the adoption of shelter/homeless animals, subject to strict criteria for the selection of adoptive parents.
IMPORTANT: this is NOT NOT NOT a ‘normal’ job – this is a MISSION for DEVOTED, FIERCE and HARD-WORKING animal lovers. If you are looking for a predictable, routine, pointless lazy job, look elsewhere!
For the right person, this is a dream job and a privilege to be a part of this ambitious project with a serious NGO as your full-time job.
- Every day is different and dynamic depending on the needs of animals in desperate situations and can include:
- Moving vulnerable/injured/abandoned dogs from their location to a clinic for medical treatment or to a partner dog hotel for temporary foster care
- Delivering dog food supplies where needed among our partner network and foster site
- Helping out on our foster site or other partner shelters with socialising dogs, feeding/watering dogs and general labor
- Managing or working on our castration projects
- Taking pictures and videos of animals in shelters by specific criteria and capturing information about these animals, uploading images/videos to our website or Facebook
- Contacting managers, staff and volunteers at partner shelters, coordinating adoptions
- Maintaining contacts with non-governmental organizations in the country and abroad, seeking homes for stray animals and coordinating adoptions with them
- Managing adoption promotion on Facebook
- Inspecting homes and interviewing prospective adoptive parents
- Organizing, coordinating and conducting castration programs
- Possible weekend employment, which will be offset by weekday time off
APPLICANT REQUIREMENTS (MUST-HAVES):
- We are looking for a hard-working employee whose fierce passion is to protect, help and serve shelter/homeless animals and safeguard their wellbeing, who is also able to:
- Adapt, improvise and work independently depending on the specific needs of the animal welfare situation yet also judge when it is necessary to consult with a manager
- Be a responsible, consistent, dependable and committed person with a view to working for Every Dog Matters (EU) for the long-term
- Be calm and diplomatic in dealing with others, even in tense and stressful environments (which happen often) – extremely good social skills and self-mastery are essential
- Handle the emotional difficulties of seeing injured/abused animals frequently or their depressed state in miserable old-school shelters
- Animal shelter experience as a volunteer will be highly regarded
- Be fluent in English (German is also an advantage)
- Has a driver’s license and experience as a driver, and,
- Has basic computer literacy (additional training provided)
CONDITIONS WE OFFER:
- Normal employment contract with Every Dog Matters Foundation (6 month trial at beginning)
- Working in a great team totally dedicated to animal welfare
- Constant work with shelter/homeless animals – every day is dynamic and different, depending on the needs of animals in trouble that we are helping
- Internal training depending on the applicant’s knowledge
- Long-term potential for advancement in a serious NGO
- Work on various projects related to the protection and rescue of shelter/homeless animals
- Company vehicle provided
- Private health insurance after 6 months trial
- Participation in all WPX Teambuilding activities here
HOW TO CONTACT US ABOUT THIS JOB
Send your CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org
CVs not provided in English will be instantly disregarded and only applicants regarded as suitable for an interview will be contacted.